Our company secretarial team provides a comprehensive service, ensuring that your company complies with obligations under company law, allowing you to focus on running your business.
GCAMS has extended the delivery of its company secretarial service to allow for online filing. This modernisation has improved the way we hold and communicate company statutory information and ensures that all of the Companies Act requirements of administering a company are dealt with.
Everything is IT driven ensuring that all records and statements are accurate and instantly updated. We are able to work to your timetable and deliver what we promise.
What We Do
In addition to one-off work, GCAMS company secretarial service offers the following services:
- Acting as a registered office
- Annual general meeting (AGM) notice
- Board meeting minutes
- Change in situation of registered office
- Change of registered company name
- Company search
- Company strike off or dissolution
- Dealing with changes of officers (up to 3 changes per year)
- Maintaining the company’s registers (statutory records)
- Increase in issued share capital or share allotment
- Ordinary and special resolution
- Payment of dividends
- Preparing and filing changes of officers
- Preparing and filing company’s annual confirmation statement (form CS01)
- Preparing the AGM minutes
- Reduction of share capital
- Share transfers
- Small company and Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) incorporation
Confirmation statement / annual returns
With effect from 30 June 2016 all companies are required to complete a confirmation statement to identify and record the people who own or control their company (this replaces the requirements to file an annual return). Companies house have also reduced the deadline for filing these reports from 28 to 14 days. Other changes include introduced simplification of the statement of companies.
From 6 April 2016 companies, LLPs and SEs need to keep a register of their ‘people with significant control’ (PSC).
A PSC is someone in your company who:
- Owns more than 25% of the company’s shares
- Holds more than 25% of the company’s voting rights
- Holds the right to appoint or remove the majority of directors
- Has the right to, or actually exercises significant influence or control
- Holds the right to exercise or actually exercises significant control over a trust or company that meets any of the other 4 conditions
You will need to keep your PSC register as part of your company registers, as these need to be available for inspection. Before a PSC can be entered on your register you must confirm all of their details with them. The details you need are:
- Date of birth
- Residential and service address
- Country, state or part of the UK where your PSC usually lives
- The date they became a PSC (the earliest date you can use is 6 April 2016)
- The nature of control conditions that apply to them (e.g. they hold more than 25% of your company’s shares)
PSC’s residential address won’t be available on HMRC’s public register, and the date of birth will also not be shown. All other PSC information will be available, much like directors and member’s details are currently held.
- The Companies House eReminder service
The eReminder service is a free, convenient and effective way by which Companies House would like to remind companies when their accounts and annual returns are due to be filed.
This is an alternative to sending the usual paper reminders to the companies’ registered office address. Instead, Companies House will send an electronic version of the reminders to the email addresses chosen and registered by the companies. Interested companies have the option of registering up to four (4) email addresses.
We like our clients to sign up for this service.
To sign up for this services please contact the company secretarial department for further information